Click to Meet the Board
Benjamin T. Porter, P.E.
Click here to contact
Monday - Friday,
After Hours & Weekends
Emergency Response Call:
Call Us First (408) 253-7071
OR AFTER HOURS (408) 299-2507
- your sewer "backs-up" into your house or yard.
- you observe a manhole overflowing.
- you observe anyone dumping into the sewer system.
- you find or smell raw sewage.
- you have any questions about connection to, services available, policies or procedures of the Cupertino Sanitary District.
- you wish to learn more about Cupertino Sanitary District.
Who's Responsible For What?
The homeowner is responsible for the "House Lateral" portion of the sewer line. If a blockage occurs within the property line then it is up to the homeowner to take responsibility.
The District's responsibility begins at the "Property Line Cleanout" and continues to the "Street Lateral". The "Main Sewer" line is serviced by the City. If a "Property Line Cleanout" does not exhist the District will not be able to access our portion of the lateral and will be unable to provide any service. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to have a "Property Line Cleanout" installed.